3. Information IC May Collect About You.
We collect the following types of information on the Web site:
4. Disclosure of Your Personal and Aggregate Information.
Personal Information. IC will not sell or disclose your Personal Information
without your consent except as set forth below.
Consultants. From time to time IC engages consultants that may need access to the information we collect to perform their services for us, such as administering our mailing lists. We require that our consultants keep Personal Information confidential and use it only in accordance with the service agreement between IC and such consultant.
Aggregate Information: IC collects “Aggregate Information” about you and your use of the Web site whenever you visit IC online. For instance, IC may collect various forms of “click stream” information such as entry and exit points for our Web site (i.e., referring URLs or domains), site traffic statistics, page views, impressions, and operating system and browser type. In addition, when users request pages on the Web site, IC’s servers automatically log the users IP address. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the Web. IC may collect, compile, store, publish, promote, report, sell, or otherwise disclose or use any and all Aggregate Information. However, if IC correlates any Aggregate Information to you, such information will be treated like Personal Information under this Policy.
5. Cookies. IC may make use of “cookies” on the Web site. Cookies are small text files that are stored on a user's computer by a web server based on the permissions set in a user's browser software. A cookie itself is not designed or intended to read any information from a user's computer (other than the contents of the cookie); rather, it is an identifier used by the Web site that originally placed it on your hard drive. The actual contents of the cookie information can be retrieved by the same server to identify the computer and subsequently to customize, monitor, or regulate the use of a site based on information stored in the cookie and the host server. Therefore, cookies only identify the user's computer to the Web site that may correlate other information, including personal information, with the cookie. Cookies allow IC to automate access and data entry functions of the Web site such as login information, correlate online ordering information for purchases, tailor the Web site to your preferences or interests, or customize promotions or marketing. In addition, cookies allow us to track usage of the Web site to determine which areas are useful or popular and which are not, thereby enabling us to improve and update the Web site effectively.
6. Security. IC uses reasonable efforts to store and maintain personal information to protect it from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction by any unauthorized party. If you are asked to provide financial information in connection with your request for IC’s products or services, such information will be collected through a secure internet connection using reasonable commercial security measures. We store no financial information or social security information on the Web site. When we do transmit your data, we use only secure servers using current encryption technology to encode your data safely. We make reasonable efforts to attempt to prevent the unauthorized access of our systems containing personal data.
7. Breach of Security. In the event of a breach of our information system security that may compromise your personal financial information, we will promptly notify you of such breach at the e-mail address that we have on file for you. We reserve the right to reasonably delay such notification as may reasonably be necessary as part of any internal investigation or law enforcement efforts related to such breach.
8. Outside Links. While on the Web site, you may be referred to web sites other than IC’s Web site. A link from the Web site to such a third party Web site does not imply endorsement of that site nor any ability to control that site's privacy practices. Be aware that third party Web sites may collect data and personal information and operate according to their own privacy practices. Therefore, you should carefully review the privacy policies of third party Web sites before submitting any Personal Information to them.
9. Opting Out, Removal of Personal Information and Contacting Us. Any time your provide us with Personal Information, the Web site provides you the opportunity to opt out of receiving further communications from us. To opt out of receiving marketing information or to unsubscribe from any specific e-mail service, e-mail a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have questions or concerns about this Policy, or the accuracy of any Personal Information we hold about you, please contact us at email@example.com. You may request removal of your Personal Information from our system(s) by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. We will comply with your request except to the extent we are required to maintain your information in accordance with our document retention policies or applicable laws or regulations. If at any time you feel that the Company has not adhered to this policy, e-mail us at email@example.com. We will do our best to respond promptly to your concerns.